Restoration and Adaptive Reuse

Byberry Friends’ Meeting House Addition

Founded in 1683, the Byberry Friends’ Monthly Meeting (Quakers) have been worshipping at their current site since 1694. The current meeting house, constructed in 1808,…

Wissahickon Trails Headquarters

As part of a collaboration between Daedalus Design Build and Kate Cowing Architect, LLC, Kate was the lead designer for the adaptive reuse of this…

The pegasi on opening day of the 1876 Centennial World’s Fair.

Pegasus at Memorial Hall

While with Materials Conservation Co., Kate Cowing was the project manager for the conservation of the Pegasus Sculptures at Memorial Hall. The two colossal bronze…

Byberry Meeting Byberry Hall Phase One

Byberry Hall was constructed in 1846 by Robert Purvis and Harriet Purvis, a wealthy African American couple, who were leading abolitionists and promoters of women’s…

Please Touch Museum at Memorial Hall

While with the firm of Kise Straw Kolodner (KSK), Kate Cowing was the lead conservator for the rehabilitation of Memorial Hall into the Please Touch…

Let's Work Together

If you are interested in preserving a historical building or would like more information about KCA, get in touch!

Scroll to Top